top of page

1098-T International Students

Updated: Jun 29, 2021

Most international student are not eligible to claim education tax credit on their U.S. Tax Returns. International students who may be eligible are:

  1. Those who are married to US citizens and have elected to be taxed as a U.S. Resident

  2. Permanent Residents

  3. Those who may be claimed as a dependent by a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident

  4. Students who have been in the U.S. long enough to file a federal income tax return as a resident

Get in touch with us if you are not sure about your tax status.

From Your Preferred Accountants,

Specialists Accounting LLC


Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page